Makes 6 servings (2 tablespoons per serving)
Preparation time: 10 minutes (plus about 30 minutes soaking)
No cooking required
- 100g sundried tomatoes packed without oil*
- 60g Original or Extra Light MeadowLea spread
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place sundried tomatoes in a medium heatproof bowl; cover with boiling water and allow to stand until room temperature. Drain, retaining 1 tablespoon liquid.
- Combine drained sundried tomatoes, retained 1 tablespoon liquid, MeadowLea, basil and lemon juice in a food processor. Process until blended. Season with salt and pepper. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- split a crusty wholegrain bread roll and spread with sundried tomato spread. Fill with drained canned smoked salmon, baby capers, sliced red onion and salad leaves.
- spread sour dough toast with sundried tomato spread. Top with drained canned sardines, a squeeze of lemon juice and plenty of cracked black pepper.
- spread toasted split Turkish bread with sundried tomato spread. Top with crumbled reduced fat feta cheese, diced cucumber and rocket. Drizzle with a little olive oil.
MeadowLea per serving: 10 g