Oat and fruit slice
- 125g MeadowLea Light spread
- ½ cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- ¼ cup golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup White Wings self raising flour
- ½ cup White Wings plain flour
- 1 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ⅓ cup chopped dried apricots
- ½ cup milk choc bits
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease a 28cm x 18cm x 3cm slice pan and line base with non-stick baking paper.
- Place MeadowLea Light spread, sugar, golden syrup and vanilla into a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Sift flours together and add to creamed mixture along with remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Pour into prepared pan and level with the back of a spoon. Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes, then run a butter knife around the inside edges of the pan to loosen the sides. Turn slice out onto a wire rack to cool, then upturn onto a cutting board and slice into 15 pieces.