Preparation time: 15 Minutes
Cooking time: 30 Minutes
- 3 green cooking apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and chopped
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup flaked almonds
- grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 30g MeadowLea® spread, melted
- ½ a teaspoon mixed spice
- ½ Uncle Tobys Traditional Oats
- ½ a cup ground almonds
- ⅓ cup of Champion ® Plain Flour, sifted
- 30g MeadowLea® spread
- Combine apples, pears, raisins, almonds and lemon rind and juice in a casserole dish.
- Blend together sugar, spread and spice. Pour over fruit mixture.
- To prepare Topping: Mix together oats, almonds, and flour. Rub in spread using fingertips. Sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- Bake in a moderate oven (180°C) for 25 to 30 minutes or until fruit is tender and topping is golden. Serve hot with yoghurt.